Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fall Time? Are You Sure?

We have experienced our first Labor Day in Oklahoma.  Well...we actually spent it in Dallas for a hockey tournament but the temps were quite similar.  It didn't even feel like Labor Day Weekend. One, we weren't heading "Up North" or even getting ready for school to begin on that Tuesday (because the boys had started 2 weeks earlier).  But also Two, the temps were in the 90's.  That just is not right...for this Northern Girl anyway.  It is supposed be cooler...mid 70's or lower, with really cool nights.  We were supposed to wear sweat shirts and jeans, not t-shirts and shorts and still be sweating.

Tonight on the news they "warned" us to get the coats out because a "cold front" is coming through.  Yup, it is going to be the low 70's/high 60's starting tomorrow and through the weekend.  BRRRRRR...NOT!  LOL!

I am actually heading to MN tomorrow for a girls weekend at Carlos Winery.  It will definitely feel like fall there.  I am excited for the cooler temps, to wear my jeans and sweatshirts.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about this warm weather!  I love it; it is just so weird and does not feel like fall time.

People here are starting to talk about their favorite crock pot recipes that they are cooking now and will be this weekend.  Ummmm...doesn't it have to be at least 60 degrees to just start talking about it?  And those fabulous fall/winter hot dishes.  That's right...they are Hot Dishes, NOT casseroles! And then there is football...Is it Football Season?  It isn't still pre-season?  The weather is too warm for football.

I am not knocking on any of my Oklahoma friends, it is just so different from Minnesota!  I know I will slowly adjust and become "acclimated" to the weather but for now I am still a true Northern Girl!  And I love the fall weather there.  I can't wait to feel some of it this weekend!  And...I am sure I will be ready to go back to the warm weather on Sunday!  To my Minnesota friends/family I will be seeing this weekend...NO TEASING ME if I am colder than you are!  ;)

I know I will love this "Southern Weather" come January!  That will be a whole other post!

I promise not to wait so long to post again!  I do see likes/differences almost weekly so I will continue to post about them!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment